Teggart, who had been librarian of the Mechanics’ Institute in San Francisco until its destruction in the 1906 earthquake and fire, was put in charge of moving The Bancroft Library to Berkeley. He then became the honorary custodian and set about arranging and classifying the collection. Soon he was named curator of the collection, a position he held until 1916, when he resigned to devote his entire attention to his History Department courses.
| Bancroft Home | General Information | Collections | Research
| Reference and Access Services | News, Events, Exhibitions, Publications |
| Friends of The Bancroft Library | Site Map | Search The Bancroft Library Website |
| UC Berkeley Library Home | Catalogs | Search the Library Website |